Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

What I’m Loving Now

My health has been pretty poor since I returned from India, so there will be less outfit posts here for a bit while I work on recovering & regaining my strength.  But, my regular content will continue as usual, so if there’s a specific item you’re looking for or a topic you’d like to see covered, please let me know!  For those who are new here, today’s post is a recurring series where I share a few random things that I’m buying, enjoying, wearing or using.  I always try to include a good mix of home, fashion, beauty & lifestyle tidbits so there’s something for everyone.  Here are the things I’m loving this month:

Essie Rocky Rose Collection

Essie Rocky Rose CollectionUsually, when new nail polish collections come out, there are only one or two shades I’m interested in.  But, the latest launch from Essie is making it seriously hard for me to pick favorites!  This line-up is mostly neutrals with a few pretty feminine hues thrown in – I’ve already bought Rocky Rose (a terracotta cream) & Bed Rock & Roll (a brownish red), both of which are perfect transitional colors for fall.  Others that I plan on purchasing include Yes, I Canyon (a burnt orange), Cliff Hanger (a chic nude) & Come Out To Clay (a pretty pale pink).  I’m also a big fan of their new wider brush, which makes it easy to get a flawless at-home manicure – when I use this base coat & this top coat, I can get mine to last for 12-14 days!

Fair Trade Shopping

fair trade shoppingMarble Planter // Band Ring // Hoop Earrings // Bone Frame // Lotus Earrings
Ceramic Box // Toiletry Bag // Cuff Set // Drop Earrings // Onyx Necklace
Round Scalloped Frame // Lidded Storage Basket // Crossbody Bag

The time I spent in India really opened my eyes, not just to the tremendous poverty in other parts of the world, but also to the ways that I can have an impact – both by visiting in person & serving, but also by making more purchases that support local artisans in those areas.  So, one of my goals is to start highlighting these types of companies more often & share their products with you here.  Some current fair trade favorites of mine include: Trades of Hope, The Little Market, Tribe Alive & Elegantees.  I’ve rounded up a few of my top picks above – if you have some you’d like to share, please comment below!

Yes to Tomatoes Charcoal Skin Care

Yes to Tomatoes Charcoal

I’m not sure why, but a few days after I returned from India, my skin started breaking out.  I rarely get more than one blemish at a time, so I started panicking and wasn’t sure how to remedy the situation.  Thankfully, one of my girlfriends had recently gone through something similar & shared with me about this line of charcoal-based products, which she claimed worked better for her than Proactiv!  The combination of this cleanser stick & this spot treatment worked magic to eliminate my breakouts & clear up my skin.  In fact, this blemish treatment kit is by far the best thing I’ve ever used to dry out pimples and minimize redness – I ended up getting another one for my teenage daughter to use & she loves it too!  I bought mine at Target & right now you can get a $5 gift card when you buy 3 skin care items.  But, it’s also available at ULTA & is part of a B1G1 40% off deal they’re currently running.

Just.Ingredients

protein bar review

Since my Lupus diagnosis 5 years ago, I’ve had to be much more cautious with both the foods I eat and the products I use on a daily basis.  I’m a firm believer that knowledge is power, so the more information I can gather about ways to manage my disease, the better my chances of maintaining remission.  I don’t remember how I stumbled across this account, but in the short time that I’ve been following on Instagram, I have learned so much!  She regularly reviews everything from popular household products, sunscreens, supplements, beauty items & food and gives you detailed information on the specific ingredients + shares a healthier/safer option to try.  Some of my favorite posts include her reviews on protein bars (as seen above), sunscreen, nitrates, parabenshow food labels have changedhow to best fight inflammation.  If you’re not on Instagram, she has all the same information on her website, where she also lists out her favorite products from each category – I just signed up for her newsletter so I won’t miss a single post!

Rust Hues For Fall

I’m calling it now: this is going to be one of fall’s hottest color trends.  Dozens of retailers are carrying different variations of this rich hue – some have more of a burnt orange cast, some have a brown undertone and others have a reddish tint.  I suggest trying them all & seeing what works best with your skin/hair.  This color will be so gorgeous paired with camel, navy & eggplant.  There are no shortage of options available right now, but I think we’ll be seeing even more styles pop up as we get closer to fall.  Here are a few of my favorites at the moment:

rust fall color trend

ONE // TWO // THREE // FOUR // FIVE // SIX
SEVEN // EIGHT // NINE // TEN // ELEVEN
TWELVE // THIRTEEN // FOURTEEN // FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN // SEVENTEEN // EIGHTEEN // NINETEEN

MORE RUST STYLES

The post What I’m Loving Now appeared first on Penny Pincher Fashion.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar