Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My First Chevron Manicure featuring the KBShimmer 6th Anniversary trio

  
     After doing reviews all week I decided to mix things up a bit today and share a little nail art with you.  I've loved the look of chevron manicures since the first one graced my computer screen, but they were a little daunting at the same time.
  
      Just thinking about making all those even, straight lines were enough to send me into a semi-panic. I know we all start at the beginning with nail art, and I've even posted a few of my failed manicures on my blog. But I also want to show you good nail art and I have some serious self-doubt when it comes to my own skills.  Thankfully there are decals that make this look a whole lot easier.


     For my first attempt at chevrons, I decided to start out slow doing only an accent nail. Even with this, I was a little worried. Even decals won't give you a flawless manicure.  First, you have to get them on straight and evenly spaced. I had visions of the decals not sticking properly and polish pooling underneath. Ugh, who knew a simple manicure could give someone so much stress. But I was determined to try this look, and I'm so glad that I did!

     For the accent nail, I used 2 layers of Hexy Bikini and then alternated Beach Please (pink) and Shore Thing (teal) on my other fingers and topped everything off with a generous coat of Pure Ice Girl on the Run top coat.  Once everything was completely dry I applied the chevron decals that came along with the trio and added another 2 coats of Shore Thing. I waited about 10 seconds and then removed the decals. Another generous layer of Girl on the Run and Viola my manicure was done.


    All that panic and stress was for nothing. This was easy peasy and I love the finished results. And about that vision of polish pooling under the decals...pfft nothing to worry about. Just make sure you push down the decals really well along the sides of your nails.  Thanks for stopping by and Happy Polishing!



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar